Monday, August 29, 2005

Up to Five

Five, count 'em 5, candidates are running for the mayor of DC now. If you've been following the race you'll know former utility executive Marie Johns and Councilmembers Adrian Fenty and Vincent Orange already had announced their intentions to run for mayor. Now joining the race are Council Chair Linda Cropp, a veteran of DC politics by any yardstick, and Michael Brown, who has a famous daddy (who we're declining to identify).

Previously we asked if anyone else thought more than a year prior to the election is too early to be campaigning. Apparently we weren't the only ones with that thought since the same question was addressed in yesterday's issue of themail on DCwatch.com. Gary Imhoff is spot on with his observation that only we "political junkies" have been paying attention to the race and everyone else will wait until about a month before the primary to tune in.

Ok, political junkies, what do you think of these 5 candidates? Do the candidates with little name recognition have a chance?

After sharing your thoughts in the comments section, please visit www.cafepress.com/bestofdc and buy a shirt.

Until next time.

8 comments:

raw food diet dude said...

Hi, Thanks for putting together your interesting blog. I too have a website related to your own. If you are interested, why not visit my antioxidant foods related web site. I have written just over 100 free articles related to antioxidants, antioxidant foods, raw food diets, detox and body cleansing. You may use post any of my articles on your site as long as you provide a working html link back to me.

skateboard trick guide said...

Heya guys, nice blog. Well done!

I am currently setting up a skateboard trick tips blog at skateboard tricks and i hope you could give it a visit sometime.

joe said...

For parents, movie theaters are a money pit
Yesterday on my personal blog , I ranted about the arrogance of movie theater representatives who don't want consumers to have access to DVDs of movies before they've finished their theatrical run.
Great Blog! If you have time see my ##business opportunities## related site. enjoy! It pretty much covers ##business opportunities## related stuff.

ADRENALINE JUNKIE. said...

I'm just blogg surfing and tellin folks about my new blogg and website. It would be great if you could stop by and leave a comment or two. Thanks for reading my two cents. supreme antioxidant

music said...

Who's Zooming You?
You're out there. On the Web, there are dozens, perhaps hundreds of references to you -- in company newsletters, college alumni notes, and friends' blogs.
I have a music reviews hilary duff music download site/blog. It pretty much covers hilary duff music download related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Phoenix said...

IRANIAN judges have been given approval to carry guns and to use them if they feel threatened...
IRANIAN judges have been given approval to carry guns and to use them if they feel threatened after a judge was shot in an attack in Tehran.
I was surfing through a few cellular gsm phone triband blogs and came across yours and wanted to say very nice job with your content. I have bookmarked your site for future reference!

Just in case you are interested I have a started a new cellular gsm phone triband blog; it also deals with cellular gsm phone triband.

Got a minute? Click Here -- it's all for free! Bless you!

Quit Smoking said...

Hi, I was looking around some blogger blogs for some ideas to start my own on Subliminal Messages and you have given me some great ideas. Good blog. I will check it out every week. Thanks

joe said...

Army official who questioned Halliburton deal reported demoted
A top US Army contracting official who criticized a large, noncompetitive contract with the Halliburton Company for work in Iraq The newspaper said Bunnatine Greenhouse has worked in military procurement for 20 ...
Great Blog! If you have time see my ##home based business## related site. enjoy! It pretty much covers ##home based business## related stuff.