CHAW is a nonprofit arts center near the Eastern Market Metro, and a short block from Barracks Row/Main Street. They've served Capitol Hill and the DC area for more than thirty years and offer a wide variety of arts opportunities in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.
The Arts Workshop is a unique place in DC. It houses a brand new digital arts center and darkroom, ceramics, dance, and art studios, a gallery and a black box theater.
Here's a sample of available classes. Visit Capitol Hill Arts Workshop online for a full description of classes and bios of instructors.
- The Digital Photography Workshop
- Introduction to Black and White Photography
- Introduction to Digital Photography
- The Digital Photography Project
- Introduction to Drawing
- Life Drawing
- Introduction to Painting
- Creative Breakthroughs: Mixed Media Painting
- Beginning Knitting